Bonnie Bone Marrow Biopsy™ Skills Trainer was developed with clinician input to provide a realistic simulation for teaching and practicing bone marrow biopsy procedures of the posterior spine and pelvic region. Bonnie was modeled from an average size female pelvic bone and spine to allow for the palpation of landmarks, such as the spinous process and the anterior and posterior iliac crests to facilitate proper biopsy needle placement.
The Bonnie trainer includes a tilt base to simulate treating patients in prone or lateral decubitus (side-lying) positions. Right and left posterior iliac crest bone inserts are designed to be replaceable and incorporate simulated bone marrow that can be extracted during simulated biopsy procedures to confirm proper technique. The body skin shell has a soft feel and can be easily removed to expose the entire underlying pelvic/spine anatomy and to facilitate the replacement of the iliac crest bone inserts. The design also incorporates a replaceable puncture site insert located over the posterior iliac crest bones, to allow for multiple site punctures.
Bonnie Trainer can help your clinical staff gain valuable skills while building the confidence and competence needed for safe biopsy procedures. This healthcare simulation trainer provides a realistic feel when puncturing the skin surface, entering the iliac crest bone, extracting simulated bone marrow samples.
- Life-size scale and anatomy for patient simulation modeled from an average size female pelvis and lower spine.
- The outer shell of this anatomical healthcare model provides a soft, tissue-like feel to allow for the palpation of underlying bony landmarks such as the spinous process, and the anterior and posterior iliac crests to facilitate proper biopsy needle placement.
- Simulation of realistic patient positioning with the included tilt base.
- The innovative design includes a replaceable puncture site skin insert to allow for 200+ accesses before replacement parts are needed.
- Inserts are available as replacement parts.
- To simulate treating patients in lateral decubitus (side lying) positions the Bonnie trainer can be set-up with the included tilt stand or positioned on a table surface to accommodate the prone position.
- The right and left iliac crest bones are designed to be removable and replaceable and incorporate simulated bone marrow that can be extracted during simulated biopsy procedures to confirm proper technique.
- Carrying Case with Strap
- Body skin shell
- Puncture site skin insert
- Tilt stand
- Right and Left Posterior Iliac Crest Bone Inserts (5 sets)